Pages

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Exposing

Inspired last week by Richard Long, this week I set out on a walking adventure around my community, when I happened upon a section of land covered in fallen leaves I walked through and acidentally overturned some with my shoe. I was immediately struck by the deep rich soil hidden beneath the leaves and contrast between the dead fallen leaves and the rich and fertile soil below, just waiting to sprout up new life in the coming spring. This accent led to the following experiment in exposing:

A little bit of a tip of the hat to Richard Long :)







This project got me thinking.... since our class will take place over the course of spring. I am excited to experiment with gorilla gardening! I am going to go out into this same patch of land and strategically plant flower seeds, to hopefully document their growth into unexpected works of art!

1 comment:

  1. Kadie, I love the new wildness you are finding on the East Coast and that you are entering as an adventurer and a botanist. Your images (I've now looked at all your blog entries through week 3) are compelling.

    As far as gorilla gardening, do you know the "Peace Bombs" work of Seitu Jones? He's in Minnesota and was my second reader for my work at Goddard. He also gave us all sunflower seeds from ones he grew and many of us have kept the line going. You can hear him on You Tube, too.

    ReplyDelete